Obtaining Official Record Copies

Copies of recorded real property documents may be obtained in person or by mail with a self-addressed stamped envelope.

Copies also may be ordered online after a search of our online Grantor-Grantee database.
To search the database,
click here.

  • Documents are identified by the names of the listed grantors and/or grantees and the recording date. If the document was recorded before 1982, reference the book, page and instrument number if available. If the document was recorded in 1982 or later, refer to the instrument number, which consists of the recording year followed by a six-digit number.
  • Fees for copies are $1 for the first page plus $1 for each additional page per document or map. The fee for certification is another $1 for each document or map.
  • For copy requests by mail from those paying with a check, leave the dollar amount blank and write a limiting phrase in the "note" portion. (Example - not to exceed $20.) The clerk processing your order will complete the check and return a receipt with the exact amount.
  • Make checks payable to: Orange County Clerk-Recorder.Mail the copy request to:

    Orange County Clerk-Recorder
    Attn: Copy Desk
    12 Civic Center Plaza, Room 101
    Santa Ana, CA 92701.

Questions? Call (714) 834-2500

Official Records Copy Request Form

STATE SEISMIC HAZARD MAPS (Landslide & Liquifaction):
Information is available at the Santa Ana office.
Inquire at the Help Desk in Room 106 or at Window 1 in Room 101.