Sorry, this page has moved!
Please click here to go to the new location.

Amending or Correcting Birth or Death Certificates

Local County Health Department Birth and Death Registration offices do not make corrections or changes to birth or death certificates. All corrections/changes/amendments are completed by the California Department of Public Health Vital Records Section (CDPH-VR). Instructions on how to correct, amend, add/remove a parent, change a child’s name (requires a court order), change or correct the sex or make any other change to a birth or death certificate can be found on the CDPH-VR website by visiting the following link: