The Ramon Peralta Adobe is located on land that once was part of the Rancho Santiago de Santa Ana. While the Peralta Adobe was not the oldest adobe built in the Santa Ana Canyon, it is the only one still standing in the canyon today. The Peralta Adobe contains a small museum featuring the history of the Santa Ana Canyon from the first Spanish explorers to the area in 1769 to the present. Historical exhibits are available for public viewing including artifacts excavated on site and a timeline mural. A furnished period room and numerous photographs tracing the history of the first European settlers to the canyon are on exhibit.
The adobe is open to the public on the first Saturday of each month from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m., except May.
Making Orange County a safe, healthy, and fulfilling place to live, work, and play, today and for generations to come, by providing outstanding, cost-effective regional public services.
You Are Now Leaving the County of Orange Official Portal