Street Name and Street Name Changes in OC Unincorporated Areas

For questions regarding street names or street name changes in the unincorporated areas of Orange County, contact Ana Guerrero at: 714.967.0802, 714.967.0893 Fax or Ana Guerrero


  • Public Street - $1,659.00 + $47.00/per each address
  • Private Street - $1,497.00 + $47.00/per each address

To name a public or private street within an unrecorded Tract for Parcel Map, submit a location map showing Tract/Parcel Map boundary and interior street configuration. Label each street with the preferred name and supply a list of alternate names in the event the first choice is unavailable. To change a street name, to name a public or private street or name an unnamed street within a Tract/Parcel Map the following is required:

1. Send a letter to:

Attn: Ana Guerrero
County of Orange 
601 N. Ross Street 
Santa Ana, CA 92701

Please provide:
The reason a street name change is being proposed
A location map indicating streets affected
A list of names and alternate names to use if the first choice name is not available.

2. Send a form letter on company letterhead to the Traffic Committee and fees (for the form letter and information on fees, call Ana Guerrero*) Note: The process can take approximately 3 to 4 months.

Street Name Change Fees:

Description:   Fee: Notes:
Public Street   $1,659.00 A deposit of $1,457.00 applies (not refunded if application denied)
Private Street   $1,497.00 A deposit of $1,148.00 applies (not refunded if application denied)
Address   $47.00 Fee per each address for a private/public street
Address Change Only $89.00
Sign Fabrication $546.00
Sign Installation $140.00