Frequently Asked Questions

OC Watersheds receives many questions through the phone hotline and online spill reporting. The following are some of the most commonly asked questions. If you have other questions, please feel free to contact our office directly at 714-955-0600.
Where can I dispose of a waste/hazardous waste item?
There are four locations operated by the County's Integrated Waste Management Department where you can drop off household hazardous waste. The following brochure on our Public Education website contains more information.

Orange County residents can also contact one of four Household Hazardous Waste Collection Centers (HHWCC). For HHWCC locations and hours, call  (714)834-6752 or visit

Where can I get information about encroachment permits and/or water quality requirements to satisfy planning approval conditions?
Information regarding Water Quality Management Plan (WQMP) requirements and the planning approval process is available at
How can I report a water pollution problem?
By calling the 24 hr. Water Pollution Problem Hotline at  1-877-89-SPILL or filling out a report on the County's website at: Water Pollution Investigations and Spill Abatement Form or dial 911 in the case of an emergency.
How can I report a drainage problem such as trash or debris blocking a stormdrain?

By calling the 24 hr. Street Drain Reporting Problem Hotline at (714) 955-0200 or filling out a report on the County's website at: Operations and Maintenance Service Request.


Show all Categories